Welcome to GDC
Our facility, located just a few blocks east of the Tomball Regional Hospital, has recently added a state-of-the-art office endoscopy suite.
- Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease
- Abdominal Pain Syndrome
- Hemorrhoids and Anal Disorder
- Gallstone Disease
Gastroesophageal reflux is a physical condition in which acid from the stomach flows backward up into the esophagus. People will experience heartburn symptoms when excessive amounts of acid reflux into the esophagus. Many describe heartburn as a feeling of burning discomfort, localized behind the breastbone, that moves up toward the neck and throat.
Ordinarily, we are unaware of any of the actions of the organs in the abdomen or any discomfort from activities such as eating, movement of food through the intestines, or bowel movements. Nerves are constantly monitoring activities in the body, and when those messages are transmitted to the brain and come into consciousness.
Hemorrhoids are blood vessels (veins) in the rectum or anal canal. When those blood vessels become swollen or dilated, symptoms may develop. Many people have hemorrhoids but have no symptoms. Hemorrhoids are very common and by age 50, nearly half of Americans have hemorrhoids. Nearly 5% of the US population (15,000,000 people) has sought medical care
Gallstones are collections of cholesterol, bile pigment or a combination of the two, which can form in the gallbladder or within the bile ducts of the liver. In the United States, the most common type of gallstones is made of cholesterol. Cholesterol stones form due to an imbalance in the production of cholesterol or the secretion of bile.
Conditions We Treat
Many people face appetite problems. The symptoms may differ from person to person in terms of intensity and duration. Sometimes they last for just a few moments, while other times, the duration may stretch for agonizingly longer periods. If the state of being hungry...
The number of cancer patients is increasing, and many die each year. However, it is an alarming situation. People can survive if cancer is diagnosed and treated in its initial phases. Colon cancer is one of the most common types that is a leading cause of death...
- This was the first time ever visiting a GI doc and I couldn’t be happier. He was very thorough with the history and physical. He asked questions to pinpoint where and how I was experiencing the pain. After the examination, he explained in detail with diagrams what his concerns were.
- Staff was very helpful and Dr. Jamali listen to your concerns and help to explain what is needed for you to feel better.and is willing to take other steps if needed.
- Dr. Chatha became my doctor when he did an emergency procedure on me. He gave good explanations of the procedure and immediately eased my concerns. He is very compassionate. He checked on me every day when I was in the hospital. He is very friendly and easy to talk to.